It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:07 pm

how can l get midi quest to load and send korg trinity pcg

Discussions related to Midi Quest 11 Pro, Midi Quest 11 and Midi Quest 11 Essentials
  • Author

DrVibes

how can l get midi quest to load and send korg trinity pcg

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi
l would like to request help in using midi quest 11 to load & send korg trinity pcg files to my korg trinity plus keyboard. l understand there needs to be a conversion process but l have not been able to do it, even after viewing the "conversion" help video on youtube. My midiman appears to transmit correctly as l have already been able to: syx dump the Korg 01WFD to Midi quest 11 and load new programs (sounds) into the 01wfd too. But although l have backed up the Trinity

Michael Lambie

Re: how can l get midi quest to load and send korg trinity

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 am

The PCG file format is quite sophisticated. You may be able to get the File Conversion window to import data a bank at a time but I suspect that it will take you a long time to decipher both the format of the PCG file how to convert the data into a properly formatted SysEx bank in Midi Quest.

I suspect you would be far better off writing the pcg file onto a floppy disk and loading it into the Trinity directly. You can then load into Midi Quest from the Trinity.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

Michael Lambie

Re: how can l get midi quest to load and send korg trinity

PostThu Mar 30, 2017 7:07 am

There are plans to add PCG import support for the Trinity to Midi Quest in the future.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

Return to Midi Quest 11