It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 am

Studio Manager Setup - Yamaha Motif6

Discussions related to Midi Quest 11 Pro, Midi Quest 11 and Midi Quest 11 Essentials
  • Author

cSharp

Studio Manager Setup - Yamaha Motif6

PostThu Dec 29, 2016 5:51 am

After setting up my Yamaha Motif6 in Midi Quest, I then bring up Cubase 11 Pro, open Studio Manager and receive the following message after which Cubase locks up and has to be killed via Tasks Manager... both applications work fine with the Motif separately... what do I need to do?

---------------------------
MIDI IN Port Error
No MIDI IN Ports currently available!
OK

The load gets to 50% and then the message. :cry:

Michael Lambie

Re: Studio Manager Setup - Yamaha Motif6

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 9:12 am

Is this when you are adding the Motif 6 into the Studio Manager? I see this message as you describe if you have two instruments installed in Studio Manager and there are currently no MIDI ports assigned to the Studio Manager. Is that the case at your end? If so, you need to first select MIDI ports to be used by Studio Manager.

If you run Studio Manager as a stand-alone application do you have the same issues?
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

cSharp

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 1:12 pm

It is when setting up the motif as the first instrument... no others present. In stand aone SM, it cannot
See the motif or any other devices at all. How can I set up the ports first?

Michael Lambie

PostTue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 am

Sorry for the delay, unfortunately this message didn't get pushed to the top when your feedback was added so we missed it.

I believe what you need to do before adding the instrument is to go into "File/Setup" in Studio Manager and click on the
"MIDI Settings" tab. Make sure you have the MIDI ports that you want to use setup first. After that, you should be able to install the module.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

Return to Midi Quest 11