It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Midi Quest 11 and Midi Controls Change

Discussions related to Midi Quest 11 Pro, Midi Quest 11 and Midi Quest 11 Essentials
  • Author

Neve

Midi Quest 11 and Midi Controls Change

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to connect my Wavestation A/D to a friend's computer where runs Midiquest 11.0.3 x64 on Windows 8 x64.

We realized that assigning Midi CCs to control the parameters of the amplifier envelope (for example), after saving and closing, when re-open Midiquest, the assigned controls remain stored in the modified patch. And that's exactly what we want.

The same thing unfortunately does NOT happen by creating the VST plug-in (tested on Ableton live 9 and Presonus Studio one 3.5).

We tried to save a plugin preset in the project and also a whole project with the plug-in opened with the assigned Midi CCs, but when we close the project and re-open, the changes in the sounds remain, but the midi CCs must be reassigned for each parameter from the beginning.

Where do we go wrong?
Is there any setting in the plug-in preferences that should be selected in order to keep the Midi Controls assigned?

Michael Lambie

Re: Midi Quest 11 and Midi Controls Change

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 am

Hello Neve,

I'm not sure I follow completely but some additional information may help you.

User CC assignments are not stored with a particular project but are stored in an .ini file in Midi Quest's instrument specific SysEx folder. (So the same location an instrument's SysEx data, Set, Banks, and patches are stored). These assignments are intended to be global so once they are made, they are used each time the editor is opened.

This is a one time assignment so if you make a new assignment, it will overwrite the previous assignment for any parameter. This would be regardless of whether the editor is opened in a plug-in or stand-alone.

Generally, I would recommend doing and setup work in the stand-alone version of Midi Quest. These assignments will then be picked up when you open an editor in a plug-in. I certainly wouldn't recommend trying to make assignments from both Midi Quest and plug-ins at the same time.

Does this help?
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

Return to Midi Quest 11