It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:19 am

Korg Trinity - system exclusive manual

Discussion of Midi Quest 10 and Midi Quest 10 XL
  • Author

ProfPlat

Korg Trinity - system exclusive manual

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 8:22 am

Just wondered whether anybody can help me.

I have been using MQ10 for a few years. Just bought a Korg TR Rack (Trinity with no keyboard). I have searched the internet and cannot find a complete system exclusive manual. Everything I have found stops after table 1 (missing tables 2 to 7, parameters for combination etc). I have contacted Korg, they do not have a complete one. Just thought that MQ would have one (as you would have needed it to build the editor for the Trinity!

Regards

ProfPlat

Michael Lambie

Re: Korg Trinity - system exclusive manual

PostTue Jun 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Sorry, we don't. We must have either worked from printed documentation or over the last decade we have lost track of the information.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

ProfPlat

Re: Korg Trinity

PostMon Oct 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Sometimes when I "Get Patch from Trinity" it does not reflect the changes that I have just done. Eg I move a slider up a little, and then select "Get Patch from Trinity" the old value is still shown. However, if I have the Midi monitor window open "Get Patch from Trinity" works all the time. Even if after closing the Midi monitor window it still works perfectly. Any ideas?

PS a kind person scanned in their sysex manual and put it on the Korg Trinity forum website.

ProfPlat

Follow up

PostWed Oct 22, 2014 7:20 am

It seems that it is not necessarily the midi monitor window, but the fact I click out and then click back in to the patch editor, which enables further changes to be saved. Could this be something to do with the sleep/delay times in the receive macro (I am using a very old PC)

Regards

Michael Lambie

Re: Korg Trinity - system exclusive manual

PostMon Dec 08, 2014 6:58 am

When you switch windows in Midi Quest by default it will send the patch to the instrument as a bulk dump. In effect you automatically update the contents of the instrument's edit buffer. This is done to ensure that Midi Quest and the Trinity are working with the same data.

What you really want to do is ensure that the Trinity is following as you perform edits. It should be as the appropriate SysEx data is being sent. If the Trinity is properly tracking and then when you request data from the Trinity it doesn't match, this would definitely be an indication of a problem with the instrument.

Up until now, we haven't had a report of a Trinity failing to track SysEx update messages. I suppose it is possible but it seems unlikely. I don't know what MIDI interface you are using but I would suggest that you try an alternate.

It is possible that if you are introducing delays in the SysEx parameter edit messages that the Trinity is literally timing out and dumping the edits because the complete message isn't being received quickly enough. That might be an explanation for the issues you are describing.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

Return to Midi Quest 10