It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 am

Midiquest XL and supernova 2

Discussion of Midi Quest 10 and Midi Quest 10 XL
  • Author

emiliodim

Midiquest XL and supernova 2

PostTue Oct 07, 2014 1:32 am

Hello michael, i am a total newbee withi midiquest. I'm tryn to use a supernova, ideally i would like load patches and edit them. Now, midi ports are setup correctly, i can receive sysex data with no problem. For example i can receiv supernova Bank A , so midiquest stranslate all the bank with right patches names. Problem is , no matter what, but when i try to load patches nothing happens. The supernova keep stayn on patch1 , and on the supernova i have this msg " incoming sysex msg data error " i tried different sysex settings on the supernova, but no luck. Any ideas?

thx

Michael Lambie

Re: Midiquest XL and supernova 2

PostWed Oct 15, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm not certain I have the question right. You can load banks from the supernova but you can't load the currently selected patch from the supernova into MQ. Is this correct? If this is correct, I am not sure what the issue is unless it is a firmware issue of some sort and the unit doesn't know how to do a single patch dump.

The good news is that you can load banks so just ensure that the patch is in a memory location and load and save the bank(s).

If I have misunderstood the question, please let me know.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

Return to Midi Quest 10