It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:51 am

Prophet VS - Wrong parameters

Discussion of Midi Quest 10 and Midi Quest 10 XL
  • Author

Firechild

Prophet VS - Wrong parameters

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 5:40 am

I tried to edit my Prophet VS but MIDIQuest is sending out the wrong parameters for maybe half of the controllers.

Changing waves for oscillators is ok.
I think Filter and Amp envelopes are OK. Not been checking out all points and rates yet.
The Mix envelope is strange and I think something is not right.

However definitely wrong:
Filter Cutoff is sending out OSC A wave parameters.
The modulation matrix is not working as expected.

First I thought the VS parameters maybe was modified in a later firmware revision , I have the first , r1.0 but then I tried an Prophet VS editor for TB Stuff on iPad and everything worked.

Michael Lambie

Re: Prophet VS - Wrong parameters

PostThu Apr 17, 2014 10:18 pm

It is entirely possible that there have been some quirks over time. The original Prophet VS docs provided no information related to NRPN parameter editing and our original VS editor did everything using bulk dumps. The next information we received looked like a rough internal document. This was used to add NRPN support to the editor in MQ10. Since then we have received further documentation which was used to update the editor in MQ11. This information appeared more formalized and was probably more accurate. For the problematic parameters, you should probably check out the editor in MQ11 and I expect you will find they match up with your unit.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

pearlofTus

Prophet VS Wrong parameters

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 9:21 pm

Would it be possible to create a script to control instrument parameters? e.g.: opening and closing a filter on say an "ES2?

Michael Lambie

Re: Prophet VS - Wrong parameters

PostFri Feb 06, 2015 12:58 am

You can use OSC to do any kind of parameter control you want. That would probably be the easiest way.
Michael Lambie
Sound Quest Inc.

Return to Midi Quest 10